Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Thursday, February 4

Dancing with the Vampires

I usually spend my weekends relaxing with my husband. But since he has been out of town, my days have been spent a little differently.

Last weekend I had a lot of alone time. I can handle this most of the time but there comes a point when I have done everything that I can think of to do and cabin fever sets in.

Last Saturday I watched two hours of tennis, paid bills, cleaned the house and ran errands to three different locations all before 11:30am. I was on a roll.

When I returned home from the errands I stood in the living room for awhile trying to concoct some amazing plan to fill the rest of my day. The song Horchata by Vampire Weekend was playing on my computer and I suddenly had the urge to run. So while the song was on repeat I danced and sang my way around the kitchen and living room. This lasted for about fifteen minutes.

I guess cabin fever can be fun. Right now I am looking at the herding marks in the carpet that I created from that moment of insanity. (Like the dirt path around my parent's house that was formed by the family dog Bailey.)

Who says that you can't dance in your living room by yourself when you're 26? I plan on doing it when I am 60.

No comments: