Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Monday, February 8

On Being Alive

I am alive. Sometimes the thought hits me like a pile of rocks. As you read in my first post, we lost a baby in 2008. It was a difficult time, but what impacted me more than anything was the fact that I almost died and survived.

The doctors said it was a miracle that I am alive. I had an ectopic pregnancy and bled internally for two hours before I went into surgery. Because of the loss of six pints of my blood, the phlebotomist couldn't puncture my veins for blood tests the next week. They were too shriveled.

I am not naive enough to think that I will die when I am old. I am not proud enough to think that I deserve to live a long life. But I am wise enough to be thankful for my next breath.

I am alive. I don't know what else to say. Maybe, thank you God?

No comments: