Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Sunday, January 10

Ants. Ants. Ants.

I have lived in Florida for over two years and never experienced the infamous ant infestations I heard so often about from the locals.

When we moved into our house the previous tenant, Connie, had so graciously offered a warning about the little critters by placing tiny ant stickers on the floral wallpaper in the kitchen. These stickers started near the countertop and formed an ant line up the wall.

I was naive enough to think that we would be ok. Little did I know that those stickers where what you call foreshadowing.

This morning I ate my bagel, drank my coffee and listened to Colbie Caillat. Unbeknownst to me, between the time I had prepared my breakfast and the time I was licking the cream cheese from my fingers, hundreds of ants had invaded my kitchen and my countertop was covered with the little boogers.

I tried to take a picture of the event with my cell phone (It didn't turn out that well). Then I proceeded to slaughter every single ant using a wet paper towel.





I used to think that the ants never bothered us because I kept our house soooooo clean.

Yeah right.

Reality check.

They just don't like the cold weather outside. They don't give a rip about the crumbs on my counter when they are faced with imminent death by freezing.

I have since checked my counter every 10 minutes for any hint of ant activity. If they return, I will get out the bug spray.

Lesson learned Connie. Thanks for the stickers. I will listen next time.

2 comments:

EricHart said...

That was hilarious; I like to use my shop vac to suck up the little pests.

Brenda Geiser said...

So every year we had ants in the spring, you thought it was because your mother was such a poor housekeeper?