Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Thursday, January 28

Beauty and Chin Hair

About one year ago I was preparing to go to work, when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. To my surprise I discovered a thick black hair growing out of my chin. Disgusting!

Most women keep these chin hairs a secret, but here I am world. My name is Allison Graber and I have chin hair...and hairy toes and a large mole on my arm that I used to mistake for a fly when I was younger. I'd slap it to kill the darn fly then realize what I had done and look around to make sure no one saw me. If someone did, I would lie and say, "Oh, it was just a pesky fly."

We live in a beauty-obsessed world where the real woman is replaced by plastic. We want what we don't have. In America the obsession is with being tan and thin. In Asia it is being light skinned and thin. You could call it the George Hamilton or Snow White dilemma. Hmmmm....

If we all obsess over who we are not, then we will never be who we were meant to be. I remind myself everyday that God created me, chin hairs and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so open and truthful. I think you just spoke to many of us out there. I am enjoying your blog. I still pray for your family and love you guys.
Andrea