Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Wednesday, March 24

Conrad the Stilt Walker

This last weekend my sister, mother and I drove around Fort Wayne and window-shopped for houses in a particular neighborhood.  As we got out of our vehicle to look inside a house that was for sale we noticed an older gentleman walking down the sidewalk.

The man, we later learned to be Conrad Teff, was guiding a boy who was shakily balancing on stilts. He yelled out, "This here is a nice neighborhood if you are looking to buy."  His movements were slow because the boy was a beginner.

"Where did you get the stilts?" we asked.

"Oh, I used to be a stilt walker."

"Why'd you first decide to learn?"

"Well, it was either do bad and evil things or learn stilts."

Personally, I went to youth group to stay out of trouble.  Stilts could have worked.  To each his own, I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Allison, you and your family seem to have the most funny and random experiences! No one else I know has the kind of stories you do!

allisongraber said...

Ha! We do have some fun times. I think it is a frame of mind though- that everything could be an experience. Try it. I bet even a traffic jam or a poopy diaper can be an adventure!