Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Wednesday, March 17

The Inappropriate Lunch Lady

So, my husband told me yesterday that he had an interesting interaction with the cafeteria lady at work.

Upon arriving up at the counter, the woman said to my husband, "I've been meaning to tell you that you have beautiful hair. It makes me want to run my fingers through it."

My husband, Mr. Quiet, was like, "Um... I get that a lot." What else is he supposed to say? Here! Run your fingers through my hair right over my tray of food and while you are at it, pinch my cheeks like an annoying extended family member.

It reminded me of the time that we went to Applebees and the waitress arrived at our table for the first time. She looked at me and said, "Whoa! Your eyes! They are like, seeing right through me. I can't even look at them."

Awkward.

I can just imagine what our children will look like. Someday people will have the unexplainable urge to run their fingers through our children's hair while at the same time be unable to look at them in the eyes.

I am sorry future child of mine.

P.S. Whenever I think of a lunch lady I think of Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know that is so funny. I can concur about the eyes. You have really beautiful eyes, but I had no problem looking at you. As for hubbies hair, I do remember the urge to run my hands through his hair but I'd rather run my hands through his back hair first.

allisongraber said...

I don't quite know what to say. Talk to my husband about this and let me know what he says!