Experience is a Doorway, Not a Final Destination- Oswald Chambers

Wednesday, April 21

Embracing the Flatulence

Last night we moved into a small trailer on my in-law's property.  We had lived in this trailer before moving to Florida and vowed never to live there again.  God thought it would be funny to teach me once more to never say never.

It is a temporary move until we find a more permanent place so we are using the furniture that is already set up.  This includes sleeping on a full size bed.  I didn't think it was that big of a deal to sleep on a full size comforter when I was first married.  I really enjoyed cuddling.  Now, we have either become too selfish with our space or gained a few pounds, because it was anything but comfortable. 

After tossing and turning last night, I woke up at 4:00am to the water softener making swishing noises every five seconds (I am so not exaggerating).  In between the sounds, our dog's stomach was growling.  Adding to the symphony was my husband's morning flatulence that is louder than a blow horn. 

It was driving me mad. I almost went to the couch to sleep.  Almost. 

Sometimes when you are in a place that you don't want to be, you just have to go with the flow (like braving the dutch oven that is created under the covers after my husband's morning ritual).  Other times, it is necessary to break the pattern and try something new.

Right now Lynn and I are in that waiting place, where the road could lead to anywhere.  There are more details to come, so stay tuned.  We might just be embracing something new.

1 comment:

Rachel Chapman said...

Reading this just made my difficult day a little better. Thanks <3